A NWH has to fulfil the minimum requirements relating to infrastructure, equipment, manpower and services as laid down by the Trust. The requirements are classified under two headings viz., General services requirements and Specialty service requirements based on the Telangana Private Medical Care Establishments Act 2002.
Click here for detailed requirements
Infrastructure requirements in brief
The network hospitals shall have the following infrastructure.
- A minimum of 50 in-patient medical beds
- Separate Male and Female General Wards.
- ICU, Post-operative ward with adequate facilities.
- In-house round the clock basic diagnostic facilities.
- Fully equipped Operation Theatre.
- Advanced diagnostic facility either in-house or with tie-up
- Blood bank facility either in-house or tie-up.
Equipment requirement in brief
- Outpatient: Specialty wise op instruments
- ICU: Bedside Monitors, Ventilators, Oxygen, Suction
- Post-operative ward: Bedside Monitors, Oxygen, Suction
- Operation theatre: Equipment, Specialty Wise equipment such as operation table, C-Arm, Endoscopes.
- Sterilization: Adequate number of sterilizers.
- Casualty: Oxygen, suction, monitors.
Manpower requirement in brief
- Qualified doctor(s) of modern medicine should be physically in charge round the clock
- Casualty duty doctors and appropriate nursing staff.
- Availability of Qualified or trained paramedics
- Availability of specialists in the concerned specialties and support fields within short notice.
Infrastructure needed for the scheme
- Separate space and kiosk for running EHS counter manned by NAMs
- Computer with networking (Minimum 2 MBPS), printer, webcam, scanner, bar code reader, biometrics, digital camera and digital signatures.
Special functionaries to be provided by the NWH
MEDCO: The network hospital shall provide the services of EHS Medical Coordinator (MEDCO) for the scheme. He will be responsible to the Trust for doing various activities under the scheme including consultation, diagnostics, preauthorization, real time updating of case details, treatment, discharge, follow-up and claims submission. He shall communicate using the CUG (Closed User Groups) Connection provided by the Trust and the web portal of the Trust.